Friday, July 1, 2011

Too Pretty To Work... a.k.a. *Shock-Caller-Mellon-Baller*


You know you were all thinking it. 

Seriously though, I woke up this morning and even though {TGIF} it was FRIDAY I just did not feel like moving from my bed.  This is probably in part due to Sir Michael keeping me awake far past my bedtime packing for his trip to Miami (and no I do not get to go with this time! hmph).

So I laid there in bed for a few lingering minutes checking up on my favorite bloggers and seeing if any of them were already up & on the move... sometimes this helps me find motivation to roll myself out of bed.  And yes, sometimes I roll out of bed.  Like a ninja.  Be totally jealous.

{Click to Keep Reading!}



 
.
.
.

So this post is just a clusterf*2k of randomness that has been on my mind.  ENJOY :-D

.
.
.

for the 4th of July Holiday

RED, WINE AND BLUE!!!!


{I couldn't decide if it looked better with or without flash.  Thoughts?}

The title was all Mike's genius... I was just throwing berries in my wine because I love summer berries and wine and he happened to note how perfect it would be for this 4th of July Weekend.  Wine is in fact my drink of choice so I shall gladly sport my Red, Wine and Blue this weekend :)  What drinks/food are you mixing up to get you in the Holiday Mood?

.
.
.



Today's lunch was a Butter Lettuce Salad topped with turkey breast, blueberries, raspberries, and feta cheese.  A little bowl of heaven.  And also - Red, White, and Blue!! (and green... and kinda brownish tan.)

.
.
.

And finally, part of last night's workout... I'm training to be a super beast.



This little ditty was found in a magazine (I think Self) in a killer workout by my personal hero Jillian Michaels.  Try 3 sets of 12, on each leg.  Schnniiiikies!



And strength training move of choice #2.  This one works the lower part of your badonkadonk.  Oh, I have your attention now?  How kind of you.  Let's continue.  Step 1, touch your toes with some weights (I have 10lbs here) -- and make sure to bend from your hips, try not to round your back too much.  Step 2, EXPLODE!!!! haha, but seriously.  Use all your energy to explode upwards onto your toes while drawing the weights straight up to your chest.  Repeat.  Try 3 sets of 12 with this move as well. The key is not to pause for too long so that your heart rate stays up -- performing incline intervals on a treadmill for 20-30minutes before the strength training will give you a killer cardio burn.

I know, that's what I did.

.
.
.



Close Up of a Red, White, and Blue Berry Salad.

How Patriotic :)

.
.
.



My new obsession is the fresh honeydew melon on sale at the stores.  I bought a melon baller so I can be a shock-caller-melon-baller in my own kitchen.  Legit.

.
.
.



Oh yes, there he is :)  Mr. "I love to make fun of all your pillows and tell you that you are a pillow hoarder but yet you find me napping on your couch with six of them at once"

...isn't he cute? ;)

.
.
.


{Me checking the time on my computer}


"Ummm... is it seriously only 1pm over here??? No!!! I want to go home!!!!"

.
.
.



Still not time to leave.... This stinks.

.
.
.


HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if there are any post requests - do tell. I may feature one :)



0 comments: