Tuesday, December 27, 2011

~*Christmas Time*~

25 Questions: Holiday Style {taken from Julie}
  • Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot Chocolate WITH COFFEE.  Really just a Skinny Peppermint Mocha... or English Toffee Latte... Mmmmm!

  • Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
 Santa wraps my sisters and my presents and we each have different paper/bows/color scheme each year so we know which ones are ours!  Now I stuff my mom's stocking too and sign a few from 'Santa' just to throw her off!


{Christmas Morning - the sisters and I}


  • Colored lights on tree/house or white?
My parents did colors when we were little now they're all white which I love with a white snowy seal and polar bears in the front yard!  Colored lights on her tree though - an assortment of ornaments because we each would get one new ornament every year to add.  Three girls = three snow baby angel ornaments, three fairies one year, three animals in pinecones another!

  • Do you hang mistletoe?
My roommate did!!!!!!!  Watchout if you come in our front door!

  • When do you hang your decorations up?
Whenever we feel like it :)

  • What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mom's homemade mashed potatoes!  And I love green bean casserole.  And Heidi - keep your Oreo balls away from me they are too tempting!!

  • Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Maybe my polar bear 'muff'.  I thought I was sooo fancy back then!  Who am I kidding?? I still do.

In case you aren't sure what a 'Muff' is... 


It's basically a faux fur (or real fur I guess) sleeve that hangs around your neck and you place your hands inside it to stay warm! 

Stylish.  I know.


Some of you may argue that's not really a memory so I will also say CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT!!  Each year my family has a tradition that the first person to call 'Christmas Eve Gift!' on Christmas Eve gets to pick one gift to open a day early!!


  • What is on your Christmas wish list?
TIME!!! My favorite part about the holidays is more time with family and friends ... but I also had on my wishlist...



LuLuLemon Run Speed RUFFLE Shorts




LuLuLemon Equanimity Denim Pants
{how cute would these be tucked into boots?!}


Large Jewel Toned Stud Earrings, and a plain gold or silver hammered cuff!

  • Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?

See above - Christmas Eve Gift!!!

  • How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My Christmas Tree is a busted silver < 2' Tall Tree I found in the corner of a Hobby Lobby and SAVED!  I decorate it with ornaments I made... maybe I'll do a post on this soon :)


Alright.. I tried that SIX TIMES.  The picture only wants to upload sideways.  I shall let it be.


  • Snow? Love it or dread it?
Love visiting snowy places around March when there is snow but it isn't too cold... otherwise I can live without it!
  • Real tree or fake tree?
My parents' tree was a fake one we got to build like a puzzle each year! 
  • Do you remember your favorite gift?
Favorite gift ever?! Hmm... I'm not sure.  Last year I really loved my new Asics and Heart Rate Monitor watch Santa got me!  When I was younger I always loved American Girl Dolls and Art Kits!!
  • What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my family.
  • What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Peppermint Mocha! 


  • What is your favorite tradition?
Maybe the fact that Santa Claus still visits even though my youngest sister is now 16!  Oh and also that my sisters and I sing kareoke every Christmas before we head over to my Aunt's to see the whole family... Wii Kareoke all the way! 
  • What tops your tree?
An Angel 
  • Do you prefer giving or receiving?
GIVING.  I over spend... every year!  I absolutely love that feeling when you've given someone the perfect gift and you see their reaction as they open it!  I love finding it... I get really competitive with myself too haha 
  • What is your favorite Christmas song?
The Little Drummer Boy?  Really there's one they play on the radio that I LOVE but cannot remember the name of...  
  • Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Just need the peppermint in my coffee or oreo balls thanks! 
  • Favorite Christmas movie?
The one with HeatMeiser and SnowMeiser!  I think it was The Year Without a Santa Claus??


  • What do you leave for Santa?
Cookies and Milk
  • Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Let everyone sleep in.  At least to a reasonable hour! LOL then we wake up and eat breakfast and decide how to tackle the present opening! 
  • Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
Online I find the best deals and honestly have no time to deal with mall craziness anymore!  I do miss walking through all the stores though 
  • Christmas letter or Christmas card?
My mom does both.  A Christmas Card with a picture of my sisters and I each year and also she sends out an email update on our lives... sometimes she even writes it to rhyme! 


So I know that was AFTER Christmas, but really I celebrate Christmas until NYE :)


Questions for the Day:

What is your favorite Winter Tradition??

I'm curious, does any body else remember the movie 'A Year Without A Santa Claus'? And the Heat Miser/Snow Miser song??





0 comments: