Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pizza and Pregnancy

NO.  I am not pregnant.

But the BFF is :)


Not sure if I've mentioned it yet... but the blog isn't meant to follow her around in her incredibly interesting life, it's meant to follow me.  However, as she is incredibly interesting, good looking, and fun I choose to talk about her from time to time.

This being one of those times.


Let's start with pizza.



MMMmmm Pizza!!!!!!!



Pizza seems to be a food classic.  I don't know a single person that hates pizza.  Sadly, a lot of pizzas out there are not good for you at all. 

I've tried making my own pizza in the past to find healthier versions, but always fail when it comes to the crust... it's time consuming, and messy, and easy to mess up.  (and if you don't think so don't tell me)


That's why when I saw Julie's post about a flatbread pizza competition she had with her family I was so excited to find out her pizza crust secret!





FlatOut Pizza Crusts
high fiber, low calorie, quick & easy



Holy Amazingness!!!!!!!



You can have a whole thin crust pizza to yourself and not even be a big fat piggie.

You'll be a cute little piggie, like these guys:





Plus... no pizza dough crust mess to clean up afterwards.


Click "Keep Reading" for the Recipe!!



Pepperoni Pizza

1 FlatOut Flatbread sprayed lightly with Olive Oil
bake @ 350deg for ~5 min
Top with favorite toppings and place back in oven until cheese starts to brown.
I used Turkey Pepperonis
Diced Onion and Red Bell Pepper
Diced Mushrooms
Skim Mozzarella Cheese
Italian Seasoning
Fresh Basil Leaves
Tomato Pesto
ENJOY!!!!

My notes would simply be don't overdo the toppings, the crust is thin and if you put too much on top it's hard to get the crust crispy.  Then again, you can always just roll it up like an awesome pizza burrito and still enjoy! 


This pizza is preggers BFF approved.  That means it is good.


I also fed the BFF some Pasta since she was put on BED REST not too long ago for having pre-labor contractions.


::don't panic, she's off bed rest now!!! and baby is still cookin'::



Anywho, she had a pretttty sweet setup during this time if you ask me...




Ashley, seriously... I need you to own some tiny animals... they would be super fun and their tiny turds wouldn't even be too difficult to clean I promise!



Oh, and amazingly awesome bag I saw on sale...


{HauteLook}

LOL.




Questions for the Day:


What is your favorite way to make a pizza? Favorite toppings?

If you could own any animal in minature, what would it be?



2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

I have to try this pizza!! And btw, Ashley is absolutely adorable!!!!!!

-Mari

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

Love that canvas bag!!!