Friday, October 7, 2011

It Just Feels Good to be a Gangster

Accepting the Challenge.


{if you don't feel like a serious read just skip down a lil' ways for the FUN stuff}



Any time you set a new goal or decide to try something new it's a little scary. 

Doubt can fill your mind "What if I can't make it? What if I fail?"

But you have to stop and think "What if I succeed?"


I mean honestly, say you do fail.
 (although I would really only consider it failing if you never got off your butt and tried in the first place)
What is the worst that has happens? You tried something and it didn't go as planned.  You're no worse off than you were before and you probably learned a valuable lesson in the process.


Having a Running Plan terrified me at first.  It was something to hold myself to -- and I had lots of doubts about not being able to do everything the plan says I should be able to do.  I am not the strongest runner... but from the plan I've already learned I'm a much stronger runner than I'd given myself credit for.

Like the 5 mile run I completed Tuesday... without having the plan, I probably wouldn't have attempted that distance yet, and when I was able to surprise myself and complete the run in record time I felt so proud

I appologize for being so mushy today, but it's just that I felt I should share something that becoming a runner has meant to me.  It's built confidence in myself and each little planned workout is a checkmark on my list to becoming a better runner.


I think this is very important.

Setting little goals on the way to make your big goal.


Our big goal can sometimes seem too large or far off in the distance, but checking off the little goals can help you track your progress and visually see the distance between you and your end goal becoming smaller and smaller!


{View from Last Night's Run}


Snapped that shot as I was almost home.  Running in the dark used to terrify me, but honestly it's not dark when I start running at 7pm and it's finally cool enough that you can breathe easily and not glisten with the dew beads of one thousand pansies after a light autumn mist. 

That's the nice way of saying 'you finally don't sweat your bawls off even though you didn't have any to start with bc you're a girl'. 


LADY! Watch your language!!!!




I knocked out 3 miles with an 8:55 avg pace.

I had a .5 mile warm up walk before I started running and a .65 mile cool down.



Then it was time for GIRL'S NIGHT and Grey's Anatomy!!!



I missed my Thursday nights when Grey's wasn't on... it's an addiction.  My life has become infinitely better since the season started back up!

We had stir-fry veggies and salmon and wine and my Antioxidant Salad.


So last night continued the drama where McDreamy is being a big jerk face to Mer...



...and Owen got to throw some punches...




...and this guy... ummm, yeah...




Really, dude?  You're going to use 'I'm a hobbit' as your lead in?  Because I'm totally sure that's what every girl is looking for in a man...


TRY AGAIN.


Anyways, overall I was not that impressed with last night's episode from the men's perspective.

Quite honestly, it blew.





No, Avery... I do not care how pretty you are - you boys are much less interesting than I'd imagined... I think we should not air exactly what you are thinking on T.V. and instead let me fill in the blanks with my own imagination.


And yes... I do win this argument.




I love that line.



Currently making me happy are salads from Jason's Deli:



There is a ton of spinach under there but you can't even see it under all the incredible toppings I discovered... Red Bell Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, Mushrooms, Broccoli, a spoonful of the pasta salad, two Hardboiled Eggs (although I discard the yolks.. hardboiled egg yolks make me  cringe), Sunflower Seeds, a bit of Blue Cheese Crumbles and Craisins and topped off with a bit of Fat Free French Dressing.

Oh yes, and I always love to have a cup of tomato soup on the side :)


And this morning's shake:


I mixed it up and threw in some frozen strawberries today and skipped out on the PB... it tasted like a chocolate covered strawberry, but it wasn't as creamy as the PB banana ones so it's not my fav.



Questions for the Day:

What's a mini-goal you have set for yourself?  Please share - I'd love to hear it!

Who do you think is sexier -  McDreamy or McSteamy? not talking personality here.. just attractive quality :)

How do you feel about Hobbits?





4 comments:

Brittany said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

You rock with your running!!! It took me a while to really become a runner but if you keep your goal in mind you will succeed :) Having a plan definitely helps!!

I actually liked the Greys episode. Maybe not the best but I still liked it. Avery is beautiful. Can I pick him over McDreamy and McSteamy? Idk who I like better out of those two.. They're both pretty dreamy & steamy ;) haha

My next goal is to sign up for a half marathon !

*Sparkles* said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

Don't get me wrong the men episode was still good.. I just missed the snarky girly banter!

Such an awesome goal u should definitely sign up for one.. I always thought those Rock n Roll music ones sounded like a blast :)

And Avery is *gorgeous* Hehe

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

The Hobbit line only works on girls who live in Hobbit Holes. : )

Mari has a crush on Avery too!

And Bailey's love life is rockin'.

-J

BSparkles said... Best Blogger Tips ** Leave a lil' Suga **
blog comments powered by Disqus

Were you mad when Bailey dumped the nurse? bc I was... I liked him!